Home to King Kenneth McAlpine, Forteviot was the Pictish royal centre in the mid 9th century AD. King McAlpine died here in 860 AD. The village of today was built in 1925 by Lord Forteviot. The architect James Miller modelled the village with its wide laid lawns in the style of an English garden city.
In March 2018 a new Pictish style stone carved by David McGovern was unveiled in the centre of the village to mark the important role Forteviot played in the birth of medieval Scotland
Copyright Dupplin Estate